The Territorial Skills Competition is a one day competition that serves as both a contest to test a participant's skills in a public forum, as well as a qualifier for the annual Skills Competences Canada National Competition. As a qualifier, participants may be eligible to represent Team Yukon at the National Competition.
2021 Competition Gold Medalists
- Welding – Lori Tweddell
- Heavy Vehicle Technician – Keona Mclaughlan
- Mechanical Engineering CAD – Lucas Henderson
- Carpentry – Dustyn Phelps-Van Bibbber
- Sheet Metal Work - Lane Collins
- Cooking - Bridgeen Barber
- Welding – Terje Kristensen
- Mechanical Engineering CAD – Phineas Pearson
- Baking – Sarah Booth
- Cooking – Veronica Porter
- Outdoor Power & Recreation Equipment – Dylan Ponsioen
- Carpentry - Braden Ponsioen
- Aesthetics - Ashia Loranger
- Hairstyling - Cailyn Fraser-Harris
SECONDARY LEVEL ELIGIBILITY
Secondary level competitors must meet the following criteria in the current school year and may be asked to provide proof of any points listed below:
POST-SECONDARY (APPRENTICE) LEVEL ELIGIBILITY
Post-Secondary competitors must meet the following criteria in the current school year and may be asked to provide proof of any points listed below:
Registration for the 2023 Territorial Skills Competition will open February 2023. Email us at email@example.com if you'd like to learn more about this years event.
There is no direct cost for participating in the Territorial Skills Competition.
Competitors must wear/bring appropriate dress/safety equipment/tools or equipment as specified in the contest scope. Competitors will not be permitted to participate and will be disqualified if they do not come prepared with all safety dress/equipment specified in the scope.
Contact us directly!