Mechanical Engineering CAD
Skills & Knowledge to be tested
Secondary & Post Secondary Level
- Use CAD software to produce drawings that comply with the ASME Y 14.5M1994 Standard.
- Use CAD software to produce 3D parametric models.
- Dimension and tolerance drawings to industry standards including Geometric Dimesnioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Create a rendered image of your final project.
- Have knowledge and understanding of designing components for rapid prototype product development (3D printing)
- Create animations of mechanical assemblies and render video files of those animations
- Knowledge and ability to generate input files for 3D printing (G-Code) using the latest version of CURA 3D printing software (https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software)