Equipment and material provided by the competitor
- Competitors must bring their own computer, monitor (two recommended, three max), and peripherals (3d navigator allowed). Contestant must have administrative rights to the computer and are responsible for the functioning of their own equipment.
- A legally licensed 3D parametric CAD modelling and surfacing software (including the applicable help files) must be installed on the competitor’s computer and brought to the competition.
- Competitors must ensure a legally obtained version of Microsoft Excel is installed on their computer
- If competitors are bringing a computer or laptop from their school (instead of their personal computer), please ensure that the computer is unlocked so documents and possibly software can be saved/installed to the hard drive and technology support can be provided onsite. This may require access to CMOS settings.
- Any reference materials (no photocopies, materials may be PDF documents or published books, journals, etc.)
- Pencils, Sketching Paper
- Recommended measuring tools can be seen below; however, competitors are welcome to bring additional hand tools if they wish (automated or camera measuring devices are not permitted). Tools may be digital and should be capable of measuring in both standard and metric.
- 8” Calipers, digital, dial or Verniero
- Radius Gauge Set (no limit on size)
- Protractor and/or Combination set
- Machinist Squares
- Thread Gauge (or taps/dies or screws/nuts)